AgentScully's Reviews > Love Slave

Love Slave by Ann Jacobs

Oct 13, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: e-books, my-smut, novellas, your-cheating-heart, exotic-settings, sheikh-take-me, wallbangers-wtf-dude
Read in October, 2009

I gave this author another try but ended up banging the wall (virtually speaking since this is an ebook and I wasn't about to toss my whole computer at the wall). The heroine is an American college student who wants to experience life as a houri in a sheik's harem. Her fevered Arabian Nights fantasy includes having the hero lick her while other bimbos, er houris, lick him. Sexy it ain't. She's spoiled, immature and simply TSTL. The hero is no Einstein either, demanding that his servants find him a genuine eunuch in the 21st century and then surprised to realize they don't exist anymore. I tried to give the story a chance but it was a bizarre mix of fantasy and reality. The sheik thing is ALL about fantasy, you have to forget today's political realities and just go with it. I tried to, really I did, but dragging in references to Zionism, Saddam, and war crimes just harshed my mellow bigtime.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Slave.

message 1: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ I have been wondering about this author.....guess I don't have to any more....Thanks!!

message 2: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Right, OK.........Arabian Nights fantasy I like, but the rest? Strange.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Okay...Wow! Very strange. Great review, Scully. Thanks for taking one for the sheikh-lovers and screening this book for us.

AgentScully Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Okay...Wow! Very strange. Great review, Scully. Thanks for taking one for the sheikh-lovers and screening this book for us."

You're welcome Dr. D :-)