Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Phantoms

Phantoms by Dean Koontz

Aug 26, 12

Read from May 26 to 31, 2010

Currently rereading for the Dean Koontz group... wonder if I'll change the review? :)

*Didn't care for it much...and the movie didn't help much (though Peter O'Toole had some good lines). This is a straight scare fest a horror story with a good dose of splatter factor. Not my favorite of his books.*

Above is my first review and my 2 star rating...will I change it? No.

Let me say I like Koontz, he has written some books that would rate among my favorites....this isn't one. For me this is one of those, "isn't this book over yet" books.

*MINOR SPOILER BELOW*

If I'd been in Jenny's and Lisa's place at the first of the book, by the time I'd found my second body, I'd have been headed for the sheriff's station. If I'd gotten there and found everyone dead...I'd have been in my car and headed out of town at high speed. Did these 2? NOOOO.

Well, Lisa tried to. But her older sister, the doctor, the care giver, the one responsible for her younger (14 year old) sister keeps standing over inexplicably dead bodies saying "wait a minute" as her sister KEEPS saying "let's go!". And the book slips from there.

I hate to say this, but I actually think I like the movie better (and it's not an exceptional movie).

Sorry, but a forgettable novel (which may explain why I forgot it) that I was glad to see end.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phantoms.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Wasn't one of my favorites either :-(