Sloan 's Reviews > The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: 1001-books-list, mental-illness-and-psychological, read-in-2012
Read from March 15 to 18, 2012

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. It was really interesting to read through a character that is autistic. Mark Haddon really pulled that off wonderfully in his writing. I have no complaints there. I enjoyed reading how Christopher dealt with everyday life and how he viewed even the smallest things so differently than most do. It gave real insight. From the first page, I was immediately drawn into the story, and I simply couldn’t put it down. However, when I reached about halfway through the book it seemed to drag on and the story started to slowly fizzle out. That is where I started to have trouble with the book. I began to lose interest in a story that started off so great and that disappointed me greatly. If I was to judge only the beginning I would have given It 5 star rating, but I have to give it 3.5 stars instead. I would still recommend this book to someone because the author did such a wonderful job with helping us to understand life through Christopher’s eyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.