S. Ben's Reviews > Absolution Gap

Absolution Gap by Alastair Reynolds

Oct 23, 07

bookshelves: sci-fi, series, fiction, owned
Read in October, 2007

Early in the book: Poor editing is killing me; I've already had my rhythm thrown off by two or three paragraphs that start with open quotation marks but aren't speech. (One wasn't anywhere near speech.)

A little further along: A glaring typo.

Almost halfway through: There are now enough editing errors that the book will be unable to get five stars.

Done: Though it started weird, and couldn't quite live up to Redemption Ark, and even counting the horrible copyediting, this was a very satisfying end to the Revelation Space trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution Gap.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner I wonder if we were reading the same series. His writing style killed me, the story was good, but really bad exicution, I am discusted with myself that I read all 3... life is too short for bad books.

Daniel Melucci I noticed a few typos also, but nothing that really interfered with my enjoyment of the book. I was more disappointed with some of the plot points which were abandoned or unexplained (why was Aura wrong about the shadows yet she had all this other accurate information from the future).