Sarah's Reviews > Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll

Oct 11, 2009

bookshelves: poetry, fantasy-and-sci-fi

I have read this numerous times since I was in kid and have never been disapointed. I actually like Through the Looking Glass best out of the two parts. It has a darker, frenetic feel as the frustrated Alice is trying desperately to get back to the safety of home. The characters in this part are livelier and highly unique. Plus, this part has some of my favorite characters and poems, including “The Jabberwocky.” I think many people can relate to Alice’s need to feel grown-up, independent, and to be taken seriously. Yet, when her quest seems to get out of hand, we can also relate to how good it feels to come back to the safety and comfort of home.

Even though Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass is not completely told in verse, I have included it in my poetry section, as well as my fantasy/ science fiction section. It has so many wonderful poems that I consider it a part of both the poetry and fantasy worlds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass.