Louise's Reviews > Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability

Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug

Oct 17, 09

it was ok
Read in October, 2009

The book was a short, quick and easy read that can easily be finished on a plane ride. It's in full color with a couple of helpful diagrams, but I mostly found the comics in it annoying and patronizing. A lot of what Krug brings up in the first half seems like common sense, but he does delve deeper into some points, which may be helpful for some.

The most valuable information I found in Don't Make Me Think was the little quizzes in the middle of the book where readers are presented with sample websites and asked what was wrong or needed improvement. Krug walks through important aspects of those sites in a clear and concise manner. I wish that more of the book was made up of examples like those.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Make Me Think.

message 1: by Will (new)

Will I just skimmed it, and mostly agree, but I do like the bit about the 'reservoir of goodwill' or whatever he calls it. I think mine is permanently running on empty.