Natalia's Reviews > Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies

Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies by Erin Dionne

F 50x66
Oct 11, 2009

Read in October, 2009

The story of a young thirteen year old girl struggling with her weight in middle school is somehow humorous in the authours style of writing throughout the entire book. Celeste Harris deals with constant bullying because of her size, and she cant imagine things any worse. But when her aunt enters her in the Husky Peach pageant, Celeste faces both a confusing and difficult time. With her aunt and mother pressuring her to do each round, and the model from her magazine stuck in her conscience, she crafts a plan to lose weight, no matter what the measures are. While trying to shrink out of the competition, Celeste also realizes diffrent things along the way about both friendship and believing in yourself. I think the authour wanted every reader to leave with the understandment that one can be beautiful inside and out, as long as you have the confidence to believe in yourself. I can say that the title caught my attention in the first place, and the author did not fail to impress me. It was both entertaining and horrifying to read the events that could happen to more than just one individual, even when one thinks that only they could be in the position they are facing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies.