Laura Gibbs's Reviews > Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born

Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born by Jamie Lee Curtis

F_50x66
Oct 11, 09

Read in October, 2009

This book is way cute! It’s different than I thought it would be-I was expecting it to be about how a baby was made pretty much and in some ways it was but in many ways it wasn’t. This is the book about an adoption—a girl who was adopted asks her mom to tell her about the night she was born, and it goes through the whole process. The adoptive parents got the phone call in the middle of the night, jumped on a plane, called their grandparents, and then explains that the adoptive mother couldn’t grow a baby in her tummy so another woman who was too young to take care of the girl was growing her and she would be the birth mother but not the adoptive mother. It shows them arriving at the hospital and seeing their baby for the first time, the baby (in actual size) for the first time and the first time that each held the baby and their first night with her. Towards the end the girl says “Tell me about our first night as a family.”

I thought this book was very sweet to read-I loved it! Though it was different than I thought, it was a good different and I liked what I was reading. I thought the point of the book was really good and it would definitely be good to read when you’re adopting a child or you’ve adopted one. I liked the pictures as well! This could be used in your classroom when you’re talking about families, or adoption, but I feel like it might be better used on a one-by-one basis instead of reading it to your whole class. I still loved it though!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born.