Cheryl's Reviews > Day by Day Armageddon

Day by Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne

Oct 11, 09

It is the New Year. A young solider is stationed in China. This new year is starting out with a bang. The radios are reporting a virus that has appeared. Soon after the reports start coming in, the infectd population appears to have some very strange adverse effects to the virus. The virus has turned everyone into flesh eating zombies. This solider 's only hope of staying alive and surviving is...himself!

This story is all told in the first person. What makes it unique is the layout of how the story is told in the format of journal entries. As I was reading this book, I couldn't help but think it reminded me of the movie "I Am Legend" starring Will Smith. Here was this lone suvivor (for about a 1/3 of the way) who was reporting all that he was seeing, hearing and experiencing. It was scary times. The rest of the world had been turned into zombies. The only issue I had with this book was that the journal enteries reported after the fact and they seemed watered down of what really was happening. I would have liked to have more detail. Though, I am glad to hear that there will be a sequel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Day by Day Armageddon.