Jaime Huff's Reviews > Moon Called

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Oct 11, 09

Read in October, 2009

My review short and sweet :) I loved this book. Plain and simple. Mercy has a degree in history but owns and operates a mechanic shop with a specialty in German cars. On top of that she is pure awesomeness. She was raised by the highest ranking werewolf in the United States, the Marrok however, she isn't a werewolf. She is a Walker. A walker is a hunter who shape shifts from Coyote to Human form and hunts vampires (if I am getting that part right, either ways, the vampires fear walkers). Walkers are based in Native American tribes. Mercy, however, doesn't really know all the ins and outs of being a walker. However, she knows the weres and the politics with the alphas, the dominants and submissives.

There is a bad Were in the mix who is experimenting on other Weres and kidnaps the Tricities' Alpha's daughter. It's up to Mercy, Adam, Samuel and Stefan, the Vampire, to solve this before it gets even worse.

Patricia Briggs brings together Weres, Vampires, Witches, Fae and all kinds of creepy preternatural creatures to Moon Called. I felt the writing was tight, the action kept moving along at a perfect pace, without being distracted with sex (not that I am a prude but some paranormal authors can't balance the sex with the action, Briggs skips it all together but adds just enough implied sexual tension to make you wonder WHO Mercy end up being with or will she just remain an independent woman) and at the same building on the characters. I give Moon Called two thumbs up and added Patricia Briggs on to my list of favorite Paranormal authors. I love a strong, kickass heroine and Mercy is just that. Gotta love a girl who can fight with martial arts, repairs cars, has tattoos, has a degree in history, can shape shift and maintain herself amongst Weres. My kind of book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Called.