Hilary Roberts's Reviews > Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel G. Amen

F 50x66
Nov 22, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: self-improvement
Read in November, 2009

This was a fascinating read. I skipped some info in sections I didn't think applied to me or anyone in my family (but only because the book was due at the library and I was running out of time to read). The sections that did apply, however, were wonderful! It helped me put a finger on frustrations I've had lately (no memory, easily frustrated) and realize there really could be a physical cause for these problems.

The author always tells you what medicine works best for your particular problem, but he also gives good exercizes and ideas for overcoming the problem on your own. It's just one of those books that helps you feel more in control because you can actually put a finger on what's happening with your various emotions and why. Definitely a book to read through if you have any troubles with concentration, depression, anger, memory, etc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Change Your Brain, Change Your Life.

11/13/2009 page 70
19.89% "Very good! This is also the kind of book I read slowly, but I'm going to have to hurry a little cause others have it on hold at the library."