Maria's Reviews > Bright Star: Love Letters and Poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne

Bright Star by John Keats

Oct 13, 09

Read in October, 2009, read count: 4

Perfect and imperfect. Proof that love never dies. This is the most romantic love story I've ever read...and probably will ever read in my lifetime. Romeo and Juliet, Elizabeth and Darcy,Tristan and Isolde, Barbie and Ken...amateurs.
"When Fanny was told of Keat's Death, the effect on her was terrible. The Twenty-year-old cut her hair short and spent three years in widows black, roaming the paths on the Heath where she and Keats had walked together."

"Is there another life?...There must be, we cannot be created for this kind of suffering."

What would you have done if your love left you? I'd do the same.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bright Star.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Damselindistress I did almost the same. My fiancee left me when I was in my early twenties, just disappeared without a word. I didn't cut my hair short but in the space he left I gazed like a rabbit caught in headlamps at a Medusa's head that mocked me, and I was turned to stone. I still am partly made of stone. Fanny must have gone through hell on those lonely walks, she must have been half crazed, as I was. But it was death that took Keats, and I had to live with the knowledge that my bright, golden boy was probably with someone else even as I mourned his loss.