Monica's Reviews > Vampire Dreams

Vampire Dreams by SparkNotes

Oct 07, 07

Recommended for: sophomores and junior high school students
Read in September, 2007

The reason why I was reading this book was to learn new vocabulary words to prepare for the SATs. However, this book was long, disorganized and boring. On the bottom of every page would be 1-10 SAT vocabulary words that did not help me remember at all. It was just annoying bobbing my head up and down to see what these vocabulary words meant. The story itself was "all over the place". I found myself re-reading pages so I can clearly understand what was going on.
This book was about a college senior who was bitten by his mother and turned into a vampire. The night after he turns into one, he learns that in order for a vampire to survive, he must kill a human. He cannot stand to live such a selfish and immoral lifestyle, so he runs away to a different city in hiding. I admit that there were certain points in the book where I got a little excited to see what would happen next, but that does not compare to how ridiculous this book was. Sorry Sparknotes; This didn't help me. Maybe you should make movie instead :).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Dreams.