Bridgit's Reviews > The Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye

The Rapture by Tim F. LaHaye

Oct 10, 09

bookshelves: fall-09-challenge, hated, bea-2007-8, series
Read in October, 2009

Did I miss something? When did being a Christian Fiction book exempt a book from having a plot? The authors start a 'world domination' type of thread, then forgot about it; they introduced characters that were completely forgotten about - and had absolutely no relevance to the limited story arc that did exist; then about halfway through, the authors switched completely away from any sort of story and just started recounting biographies of famous biblical characters.

What a waste of time.

Mark this as my first and last christian fiction book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rapture.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by brian (new)

brian tanabe What made you pick it up to begin with? (A genuine question, not a loaded one.)

Bridgit brian wrote: "What made you pick it up to begin with? (A genuine question, not a loaded one.)"

Two things: 1) I got the book for free at a book fair a few years ago. The overall concept seemed interesting, if done well. but 2) the main reason, I am in a book challenge in the Seasonal Reading group and one of the tasks that we had to complete was to read a Christian fiction book. Since i already owned this one, and it had an interesting sounding premise, AND i didnt want to have to go buy a new book, I went with it. I wasnt expecting to love it. But i also didnt realize just how in-your-face it would be.

message 3: by brian (new)

brian tanabe What an interesting exercise. I admire you for giving it a shot.