Shawna's Reviews > Sugar Creek

Sugar Creek by Toni Blake

5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I was fortunate to receive an ARC copy of this from one of my ‘good’ Goodreads friends (thanks, KarLynP!), and I was happy to return to Ms. Blake’s quaint city of Destiny for some smokin’ hot small town lovin’!

It’s a charming, fun, sweet, emotional, and steamy love story about independent, ad executive, Chicago city girl, Rachel Farris, who loves the security and freedom that her successful, single lifestyle brings, almost as much as her most treasured Manolo Blahniks, but finds her priorities and desires turned upside down and inside out by hardened, gruff, by the book, small town cop, Mike Romo, when she returns to her hometown of Destiny, Ohio to help her grandma Edna with the family apple orchard.

So what if the Farris and Romo families have been feuding for years and that Rachel and Mike initially can’t stand each other? He’s a hunky, brooding, sexy, commanding cop with delicious chocolate brown eyes and an impressive...ahem...package, and opposites must definitely attract because she can’t seem to resist the explosive sexual chemistry that makes her toes curl inside her prized Jimmy Choos!

Although I didn’t enjoy this quite as much as One Reckless Summer, it’s still a wonderful, feel-good contemporary romance...oh, and did I mention that it’s smokin’ hot?! Whew, Toni Blake can write one heck of a scorcher when it comes to love scenes...and there are plenty of steamy moments in this to indulge in some wickedly hot, fun cop fantasies! With a strong cast of secondary characters providing promising future storyline possibilities, I’m anxious to see what’s in store next for the folks of Destiny. Sugar Creek is a truly delightful, touching, and sexy romantic read! 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sugar Creek.

Lisa Yeah! Can't wait for this one :)

message 2: by Shawna (last edited Oct 10, 2009 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Lisa wrote: "Yeah! Can't wait for this one :)"

Me too!

Shawna Lisa wrote: "Yeah! Can't wait for this one :)"

It's really good, Lisa!

Auntee Awesome review, Shawna--I think I'll start this next!

Shawna Thanks, Auntee! I think you'll love it! :)

Lisa Shawna wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Yeah! Can't wait for this one :)"

It's really good, Lisa!"

Can't wait until Tuesday :) Hope it ships early! Great review too!

Shawna Thanks, Lisa! I hope you enjoy it, too! :)

message 8: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. Shawna: Yippee! Loved your review and it sounds like Toni is doing what she does best in this series; hot hunks, hot lovin' and (hopefully) some emotional sparks flying off of the protagonists along with the passion in the meantime! ;) With the high rating you gave it, I'm betting that's what I'm in for, even if you didn't quite love it as much as "One Reckless Summer" (which is an all time favorite contemp. for me as well). Thanks for the heads-up! I'll break away from my dedicated TBR reading to snatch this one up for sure! :)
K.

message 9: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Fantastic review, Shawna! I am reading the first book and loving it!!! I am glad you liked this one too.

Shawna Thanks, K & Ally! It's definitely got a hot hunk and hot lovin', K! I liked the emotion a bit more in "One Reckless Summer", but this is great, too.

I hope ya'll enjoy it! :)

message 11: by Shawna (last edited May 26, 2010 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Auntee wrote: "Awesome review, Shawna--I think I'll start this next!"

Sounds like you loved it, too. I look forward to your review. :)

message 12: by Yvonne (new) - added it

Yvonne Great review Shawna! I'm picking this book up to read next. :)

Shawna Thanks, Yvonne! :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Great review, Shawna! This is one of my all time favorite CR series.

Shawna Thanks, Dhes! It's one of my favorites, too!