Kevin's Reviews > The House of Thunder

The House of Thunder by Leigh Nichols

Oct 12, 09

liked it

The House Of Thunder,
This being an older novel by Mr. Koontz, originally penned under the pseudonym Leigh Nichols, is not in my opinion his best work. Although I liked the book, I felt I couldn't connect with the characters. Susan is an enigma, not only her past but her present conditions are thin, lacking the depth needed to actually care about her character. The same is said about most of the characters that make appearances in this novel. It's very hard to care about characters you literally know nothing about.
Susan wakes from a coma, then the story moves on. We learn a little about her as she begins to remember, just not nearly enough to care about her. A handsome doctor, a friendly nurse and faces from her past are all encountered, but then again we learn very little about these people.
In all fairness the book is a mystery, leaving the reader the task of figuring out the plot. I do feel Koontz has done much better than this with great works such as `Dark Rivers Of The Heart' and `Strangers'.
I did like the book, but not enough to recommend it as a must read to would be Koontz fans
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House of Thunder.