Shantal's Reviews > It Happened to Nancy: By an Anonymous Teenager, A True Story from Her Diary

It Happened to Nancy by Beatrice Sparks

Oct 19, 09

Recommended to Shantal by: My Friend
Recommended for: Everyone
Read in March, 2009, read count: 2 times

This book is great Nancy is a 14 year old girl who is Catholic and just by meeting one guy had changed her whole life forever. Nancy meet a guy named Colin who help her when she got lost in a concert with her friend and Aunt He was was 18 years old. After that day they both became more and more closer to each other they call each other brothers and sisters. He told her that he in collage, So one day She invited Colin to her house when she was home alone. Both of them were at her house drinking and eating, So the next thing that happen was that Colin took Nancy up stairs to her mom room. When he Started to kiss Nancy on her mom bed she told him to stop and he just looked at her and said "Don't you love me"? she said "yea but.." , then Colin kept going and he raped her. After he was done with her he didn't look back and just left. After that day Nancy found out that he was never in collage because she called and they don't have him there also he lied that he wasn't 18. Nancy was fool by Some guy she though she knew but end up a lie . Nancy felt kinda sick after like 2 weeks then she went to the doctor and found out she had HIV. After she found out it change her whole life , She change was a person but at the end she made a huge difference.

In my opinion I really love this book it show anyone would have HIV even if you think it could never happen to you. It also show how you should be careful with who you meet and trust even if you think you really know them. This story show something that happen now and still keep going around the world. I would say this book is kind like "SOlD"
because the Two main character of the book have lost there virginity by force. I would recommend it to people that want to read about how a girl can suffer so much bye having sex

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Happened to Nancy.