Tina's Reviews > Iron Crowned

1420355
Feb 27, 11

bookshelves: adult-fantasy, own-it
Read from February 25 to 26, 2011

How was it you're wondering ... well ... slow beginning but once it took off it was just as good as the first 2 in the series, but more scandalous! There was loads of drama that had me smiling and giggling a lot. Same great characters in my favorite fae setting. Same hot chemistry that we've seen in the previous books.

Yeahs ::

* Okay Dorian fans you are in for a treat. Lots of one on one touchy feel-y time with Dorian and Eugenie.

* Mead still leaves you questioning, constantly, if Dorian and Kiyo can be trusted. It's insanely good drama.

* Eugenie's relationships with everyone are growing and I like it. Especially her new relationship with her sister Jasmine.

* Cliffhanger! And it's a good one. Readers will have seen this coming but it's still an awesome shocker.

Nays ::

* Most of the beginning is focused on Dorian and Eugenie's love. It slowed the plot.

* I'm so frustrated with Eugenie's back and forth love life. Do you love Kiyo? Oh no wait, you love Dorian now. Best quote of the book ... "'I see. It's your turn again." Outrage filled me at the insinuation that I could be passed around-".
She brought it on her self. She just jumps from bed to bed. The fall out from that jump is crazy!

* I defended Kiyo in discussions. Saying he wasn't as bad as everyone makes him to be. He makes decisions based on the fact that he's doing good. Makes him a good guy, right? He really upset me in this book. And if she forgives him, I will stop reading.

* She had a huge fight with Dorian. It was blown out of proportion, and if she would have not gotten mad at Dorian then the ending would have been a lot nicer.

Plot 3 stars
Romance / Chemistry 5 stars
Action : Romance Ratio 40:60
Ending 5 stars
Good enough to pick up again 4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Crowned.

02/25/2011 page 200
57.0% "I'm starting to not like Eugenie."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review. Can't wait to read it!

Tina Josie - Lots of good drama!

message 3: by Val (new) - added it

Val Yeeeees I love Dorian! I'm in need of some of Mead's humor I'll probably read that one next!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to finish Mercedes Thompson, then onto Iron Crowned. First time I haven't read one of Mead's releases as soon as it comes out! Like Val, in need of some Georgina or Euginie right now.