Alycia's Reviews > Wicked Ties

Wicked Ties by Shayla Black

Oct 13, 09

bookshelves: contemporary-erotica, author-shayla-black, favorites, signed
Read in October, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Ties.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Howdy
what did you think of this book?

Alycia Hey Rachael,
I was a little apprehensive on this book, it has good ratings, but I didn't know what the BDSM was going to be like. It's not a problem at all being too hard core, it just covers some light dominance and a bondage scene. This was my first Shayla Black book, but I am now a fan! I absolutely love this series. I happened to like book 2, Decadent even more. Probably because of the hero. I cannot wait for book 3 to come out, Delicious! I have only tried 3 erotica authors so far, Lora Leigh, Lacey Alexander, and Shayla Black. I am not a fan of Lora Leigh and will never read another book of hers, I tried 3 contemporary eroticas. But some people really like Leigh. Shayla Black has a different writing style than Lacey Alexander. I would say that Alexander's books are more fluffy and romantic, but still really good and definitely erotica. I don't think you will be disappointed by this author. I plan on reading her paranormal erotica series as well.

message 3: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Alycia wrote: "Hey Rachael,

Alycia
I have this on my TBR list. I will give it a go seeing you liked it. I know we both really enjoyed Alexanders The Bikini Diaries. I just read

Sweet Persuasion (Sweet, #2) by Maya Banks I had read good things about Banks but I wasn't a fan. I wish I saved myself the $15.00. My library carries some erotica but not much.
I will check out Leigh as well. I can't remember if I read any of her books. I have only read a handful of erotica and it is a mixed bag for sure.
I also really liked Only Pleasure oh that was Leigh!
Only Pleasure
Have you read Addicted it is very light Erotica but a really good book.

Alycia I am not a Lora Leigh fan, I don't recommend her myself, even though I know some people think she is great. I have not read anything by Banks, but didn't know where to start, so thanks for the recommendation, I will mark Sweet Persuasion to read. I have not read very many erotica authors, so my recommendations are kind of limited, but I definitely recommend reading this series by Shayla Black! I recommend it when ever I can, please let me know how you like this book, Kelly! I have Addicted to read, I saw a few people reading it and it sounded interesting, but I must admit I was on the fence on if it was the right book for me. I will definitely try it though.

message 5: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Alycia wrote: "I am not a Lora Leigh fan, I don't recommend her myself, even though I know some people think she is great. I have not read anything by Banks, but didn't know where to start, so thanks for the reco..."

Oh NO I DID NOT like Sweet Persuasion maybe I should have been more clear.
There was to much public sex going on for me. It was basically about a woman who had a sexual fantasy to be owned by a man. It really was not my thing. From the back cover I thought he was going to be all Alpha male but it was more about BDSM.

Alycia Ok, I misunderstood. I will unmark it.