Shawna's Reviews > Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death

2821960
Oct 08, 09

bookshelves: audio-book, non-fiction
Read in March, 2009

still amazes me this was such an issue.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Witness.

Annette One's right-to-life is always an issue.
Actually, I believe it's not over-reacting to say that, of all the issues, in the world, it is among the top two. (The #1 issue in the world is whether one has personally believed on Jesus Christ, submitting to HIm as Lord and Savior, because that decides where one spends eternity. [See John 3:16-18 for clarification.])
What is more amazing to me is one would say it "still amazes me this was such an issue." This comment conveys the attitude of "who really cares anyway?" Hopefully Shawna did not mean this. Rather, it is shocking to me that one would not ask after reading this book, "Why was it such an issue for Michael Schiavo to be sure that Terri died? Why was he not willing to divorce Terri, accept the million dollars from her family, allow her family to take care of her for the rest of her life, wash his hands of her, and get on with his life?"

Shawna No one really knows for sure what actually happened. Who was paying the large sums of money needed to take care of her? Why did this become national news? I am sure this situation occurs a lot more than we are led to believe by the media.
The story makes you realize the need to tell more than one person what your wishes are if something serious happens to you. You could be in Terri's shoes before you know it.