Mary's Reviews > Green: The Beginning and the End

702028
Nov 17, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, spiritual, young-adult
Read in November, 2009

Green is the first book I have read by author Ted Dekker. The book is considered Book Zero the Beginning and the End of a 4 book and descriptions told the reader that it didn't matter where you started in the circle of books. I couldn't imagine that this would work with a series of books. Not having read the other three books, I will need to continue to read them in order to see how this start anywhere works but I was able to read the book without difficulty.

Not sure where this book was going, I just plunged in although it took me a few chapters to really get into the story and I began to enjoy this book. As I got closer and closer to the end of the book the biblical similarities became more apparent or the earlier part of the book had been preparing to see the similarities.

The book illustrates the nature of mankind and how we continue to do the things that are the most harmful to our species out of pride, greed, and the need for power. So is there a way to break this cycle? Is there a way for the majority of mankind to be more committed to peace than war?

I plan on reading Black to follow the story started (for me) in Green.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green.