Laura's Reviews > Around the World in 80 Days

Around the World in 80 Days by Marian Leighton

Oct 16, 09

bookshelves: adventure
Read in October, 2009

I adore this book. It is so delightful. How is it I have never read this book until now?

How is it that Jules Verne was, until now, only an author mentioned in Back to the Future that I'd never read?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Around the World in 80 Days.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Janie (new)

Janie so, this is goodreads, not goodwatches, but have you seen the made for tv miniseries of this with Pierce Brosnan (Fogg) and Eric Idle (Passepartout)? always one of my favoritest movies growing up.

Laura No I have not!!!! I have been hoping there was a good movie made from it. I must get my hands on it!! Thank you so much for the suggestion.

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, I think, is his best--try that one! I got that in a bookstore in Guatemala when I was little and read it until it was dog-eared before I came home. Journey to the Center of the Earth is pretty hilarious, but I think it's because I always picture James Mason and Pat Boone from the movie version--it's a pretty wonderful movie in the "begging for Mystery Science Theatre 3000" tradition. :)