FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Shift

Shift by Rachel Vincent

re-read Oct 2010: I am really glad I took the time to re-read this before starting Alpha. It was good to revisit all the characters and where the book left off. Still a 5 star book to me :)

-----Original Review

*running around in a panic* Arrrrghhhh! I shouldn't have read this so soon. I thought it would take me several days to finish, but I burned through 300 pages this evening because I couldn't put the book down. Now I have to wait until Alpha comes out later this year.

As always, this book is full of action just like the last 4 books. You never know what kind of hole Faythe will dig herself into before you start the book. And believe me, she has dug herself one heck of a hole in this one!

Also, as usual, Faythe has me throroughly pissed off for half the book. hehehehe. Nothing new there *grin* Jace had some of his flirty nature back -- HOoRAY! I won't tell you any more about the Jace/Marc plotline because I don't want to spoil the book for you.

I love Rachel Vincent's books. They're action packed and violent, but the heroine is not a wimp who constantly needs rescuing! I can't wait for the next one in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.

02/17/2010 page 40
9.07% "*cheering* Jace! Jace! Jace!"
02/17/2010 page 129
29.25% 1 comment
02/18/2010 page 143
32.43% ""and that's when the power went off". ACKK!!!! Cliffhanger chapters *laugh* Faythe -- quit pissing me off :P GO JACE!!!!" 1 comment
10/09/2010 page 1
0.0% "Re-reading in anticipation of ALPHA :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) okay, so I broke down and bought Shift today...I didn't mean to, but it was so unexpected to see it on the shelf at the bookstore that I couldn't help myself. I have been very good lately about buying books, so I figured it would be fine especially since my library doesn't even have it on order yet! My justification is that I need a good solid read for my long plane ride out west. Also bought Bound to Shadows b/c I am like number 30 on the list at the library.

FlibBityFLooB hehehehe. I just started reading it this evening. I'm about 100 pages in. Interesting so far!

Ally72 Flib...This was a super review and I can't wait to start it. I have a spoilerish type of question...Are we left hanging at the end of this book again with storylines? Honestly, I don't know if I can read it now and might wait until "Alpha" comes out to read them back to back...maybe!
Ally

FlibBityFLooB Alexis -- as for the action part of the plotline, it doesn't leave you with a cliffhanger :)

As for Faythe's personal crisis du jour, it is still up in the air ;)

Steph Oh man, I'm anxiously awaiting my copy ... hope it makes here before we move next week. **Fingers & toes crossed**

Ally72 Thanks Flib for letting me know...I feared her personal life would still be left unresolved. Ahhhh!!! I know I will probably break down and read it very soon. I really like this series.

message 7: by Rane (new)

Rane Wonderful Review Flib!

message 8: by Kelley Anne (new) - added it

Kelley Anne Loved the review!

Elaine I know the feeling of reading too fast, I burned through the first 4 in the series in 1 week. Wishing now that I'd taken my time over them, they're too good though!

Steph Elaine wrote: "I know the feeling of reading too fast, I burned through the first 4 in the series in 1 week. Wishing now that I'd taken my time over them, they're too good though!"

I was the same way! They are addicting and hard to put down. Gonna sad when the series ends w/Alpha. :(