Charlotte's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Oct 07, 09

bookshelves: mystery
Read in October, 2009

This is the first time I've been glad to be sick (for a WEEK now) because otherwise I may have really had to play hooky from work to read this book. I've been waiting for it for what seems like forever (but is not actually that bad, George R.R. Martin) and it was worth the wait. The great translations make this mystery series even better reads. It's like normal English but not quite, in the best possible way, and that's what I look for in a translation. What we used to call in India "same same but different" except we said it about pizza, and it wasn't such a compliment.

I digress. I think I'm still feverish. I'd say I want to meet Lisbeth Salander, except she probably wouldn't even talk to me. She's a badass though, and I felt like one reading this book. I wish the author was till around to write more. I hope I can going to Sweden someday. it sounds gorgeous (and fairly corrupt, if you believe this book, which I don't, but still--the number of murders I read about in these Scandinavian novels!) Highly recommend re-reading the end of book 2 before starting this one--it picks up right where book 2 left off, and does not relent.
22 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.