Davis Aujourd'hui's Reviews > Make Way for Ducklings

Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

Oct 07, 09

Make Way for Ducklings may indeed be my favorite book from childhood. It is also beautifully illustrated. It will keep your children captivated from the beginning to the end.

It is a wonderful tale about a mother and father duck who look for a home in which to raise their ducklings. Eventually they find that home in the Boston Public Gardens. There is a wonderful scene where they are about to cross a busy Boston street and a friendly policeman holds up traffic until they reach safety.

It is a wonderful story about the nurturing love of parents for their children. The ducks are imbued with a humanized aspect of that love. It is a book that will make children come to appreciate animals, especially ducks.

I have wonderful memories of my mother reading this to me as a child. I would suggest that you do the same with your children. It will create a lasting memory that they will cherish forever.

Davis Aujourd'hui, author of the humorous "The Misadventures of Sister Mary Olga Fortitude"
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Make Way for Ducklings.