Michelle's Reviews > It Had to Be You

1943703
Oct 30, 09

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, read-own, favorites, read-in-2009, ebooks
Read in October, 2009

Wow! I almost didn’t read this series but I’m sure glad that I gave it a chance. From beginning to end I could not put this book down. The funeral scene was absolutely hilarious and sucked me right in. Some of the scenes were so HOT that I had to read it over and over again, especially the kinky kiddy scene. I was so engrossed in the story that by the last scene, where Dan was looking back at his life, I had decided the Susan Elizabeth Phillips is another one of my favorite authors (even though this is the first book I read by her).

Phoebe Somerville is sexy, sassy and drop-dead gorgeous. She wants nothing to do with the football team that she has inherited. Her father only gave her the team to prove one last time before his death that she was a failure to him. Everyone things she’s a bimbo with big boobs and no brains; a misleading image she proudly displays in order to keep men away. Dan Calebow is one yummy football coach, a Man’s Man, with a hot temper. I just love his tough and powerful nature. He’s ready to settle down and find a wife to bear him children. When he first meets Phoebe he is physically attracted to her, what man wouldn’t be? But he judges her by face value and assumes she’s not the right kind of woman for him. Turns out he was wrong and Phoebe turns out to be the one thing he’s been missing in his life. Not only does Dan learn to truly love but Phoebe also let’s go of the ghosts of her past and finally let’s a man into her heart.

This was an awesome book and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Had to Be You.

10/29/2009 page 310
82.45% "I'm loving this book! Dan is one yummy football coach" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie Michelle, I have been meaning to buy and read this book. Please tell me your thoughts on it when you finish.=)

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Oct 29, 2009 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle OH my I started it yesterday at 7pm and could NOT put it down. I finally forced myself to go to bed at 3am!!! I have about 60 or so pages to go and I can't wait to finish it. I really like this book so far! It's my first by Phillips! The Hero is a Man's Man kind of guy who has a bad temper and shows no emotions. He is looking for a wife to finally settle down with. The Heroine is sassy and sexy, she puts up a front so men believe she's a certain way when in reality she's pretty terrified of men. There is a lot of football lingo which I don't mind at all because it makes the story interesting. Also the sex scenes are pretty hot! So if that sounds interesting to you then you'll like this book!

Julie That's great!!I'd like to recommend Kiss and Angel from Phillips. I really loved that one.Thanks for the feedback.=)

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Minton I am going to give this a try. Not to big on contepary romance.... But I does sound like a hoot!