kirk's Reviews > The Ultimate Vegetarian Cookbook

The Ultimate Vegetarian Cookbook by Roz Denny

Oct 06, 09

bookshelves: food-and-cooking-books

I generally find that when a cookbook claims to be the ultimate, or the favorite, or the best, it's none of those things. Fortunately, such cookbooks tend to be plenty good enough, even so. This particular one doesn't do much to educate cooks, nor does it have notable verve, but it does have a variety of worthwhile simple vegetarian recipes featuring accessible ingredients.

I was reminded of this book earlier this evening. I decided to throw some herbed cheese in a saucepan with some pasta and chard, an idea inspired by this recipe contained therein: "Tagliatelle with Spinach and Soy Garlic Cheese." I made that dish for the first time a little over ten years ago. I remember being very enthusiastic about sharing the surprisingly good flavor of that fifteen-minute dish with friends. And apparently my friend Kristin remembered, too, since she gave me the copy of this book that now sits on my bookshelf. I do highly recommend having dinner with Kristin. I wouldn't hesitate in saying that that experience is the ultimate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Vegetarian Cookbook.