Krys's Reviews > Dead Witch Walking

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

Well, it took me several years, several recommendations, and an impending author event to drive me to read the first of Harrison's "Hollows" books... and it only took me 3 days to get through the first book... what does that tell you? I can't think of a damn thing wrong with it except the Horror classification. I was never particularly horrified by anything that I read in here...to be honest it's more Urban/Dark fantasy than anything... but I quibble. I quibble.

Harrison's main character, Rachel, is likeable and funny. Her Vamp contemporary, Ivy, is also enjoyable to read. My favourite was Jenks, but I always appreciate the side character/comic relief aspect. Was it worth the wait? I think so.. I will be reading more of Harrison, many many more. I am just so glad that it lived up to all of the hype and expectation, even if Rachel did spend a third of the book as a mink.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Witch Walking.

01/01/2010 page 23
5.53% "So far so good...I made the right choice to abandon Once dead twice shy...this is far more entertaining already. :)"
01/02/2010 page 50
12.02% "Ok...I see the appeal. I wish I could hang out and read this all day. :)"
01/03/2010 page 150
36.06% "Read alot in bed last night. Up too early today, so hopefully I'll get some more going. It's fuuuuun!!!"
01/03/2010 page 281
67.55% "hoping to be done with this tomorrow."
show 2 hidden updates…