~Tina~'s Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Nov 03, 10

bookshelves: cover-crazz, own, read-2010, young-adult

Spoiler Alert

Hush Hush was the first book I ever read that dealt with Angels and it's what ignited my love for this lore.
Crescendo is just as awesome and amazing as the first and I absolutely adore the way Becca Fitzpatrick pens intense characters with a highly suspenseful plot.
But, we have a flaw.
Nora. What the hell is up with Nora? Doubting? Seriously, are we back there again? Hasn't our boy, Patch proved himself the last time dear?
I really wanted to throw this book against the wall. Repeatably. When did Nora become so insecure? Okay, so her boyfriend might potentially go to hell if he fall in love with her, I'll give her that, but still? The head games she played through out this book was exhausting. She pushes him away. Then, she cries about it. He's seemingly looks like he's hooking up with her worst enemy. Okay, that's gotta hurt. So, she starts to date someone just as dark and dangerous. Not too smart. She continues to push Patch further away. Then, cries about it. Then there is the whole doubting and the fact that she thinks Patch wants to kill her....again ~head desk~ Where's the faith women?!?!
But then again, there is this whole thing with her dad and who really killed him, so in the end I had to give our girl some slack. Still, I never felt the need to reach in a book so bad and shake the living crap out a character in my life (except maybe Ever)
So.very.frustrating.

Patch, on the other hand, I still love. He's still a little prat. But he's still as delicious and sexy as the first, maybe even more so. Sue me, I have a thing for bad boys and Patch just so happens to be on that list;)
Vee, I liked in this book. She bothered me in the last one for some reason, but she totally made up for it in this book.
Oh, and I loved that we finally find out Patch's real name. That was just to sweet.

With that said, I still really loved this book. I was frustrated yes, pissed yes, and wanted to smack around some of these characters. Definitely. But it was still just as gripping, captivating and mysterious as ever. There were some really unexpected twits I nevah saw coming and I got to admit, the conflict really had me turning the pages as fast as I could. So, Kudos.
Still one of my favorite Angel series, can't wait to find out what we're in store for next!

More Please!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Ohhh, have fun with this one!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to get this book XD

message 3: by Nic (new)

Nic Not sure if I am going to read this until I hear what you think. No pressure :)

~Tina~ I'm almost done it. My review will be up tomorrow. Nora is being ridic though. Just saying...

Melanie i agree, nora needed a good slap in this book :)

~Tina~ ^^ Definitely. She wasn't my favorite person there for awhile.

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I know I shouldn't. But I am reading this soon.

message 8: by Jessica (last edited Nov 03, 2010 10:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica Me, too. I got my copy today together with Freefall.

~Tina~ LOL I already can hear your reviews! I still loved it, but dammmmmmmmmmmme, Nora just...she wouldn't...I can't even.

~singsong voice~ Happppy Reading you two >.<

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Okay, I'm reading this next, I'm in the mood for some bashing.

message 11: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Yeah Nora has issues.

message 12: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F In retrospect, I was lenient with the first one when I should have been annoyed.

I wonder how I shall feel about this one.

message 13: by ~Tina~ (last edited Nov 03, 2010 12:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ Kim wrote: "Okay, I'm reading this next, I'm in the mood for some bashing."

~Tina~ Read this Morg!

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Nora sort of lost all of her supposed intelligence in this book for me. But at least Vee was redeemed in this one :)

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Morgan wrote: "In retrospect, I was lenient with the first one when I should have been annoyed.

I wonder how I shall feel about this one."

I agree Morgan, I gave it 3 stars and then 2 months later I didn't know what I was thinking when I rated Hush Hush. I wasn't on drugs while I read it.

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim andrea! wrote: "Nora sort of lost all of her supposed intelligence in this book for me. But at least Vee was redeemed in this one :)"

Oh lawd. I feel a rage review coming up.

message 18: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim ~Tina~ wrote: "Kim wrote: "Okay, I'm reading this next, I'm in the mood for some bashing."

Now be nice ~waves finger~ Patch is still one of my fav's and I'd hate for you to go all Kimster on his ass;)"

I don't think Patch will be the one who I'll be aiming my shotgun at...

message 19: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Patch is actually the rational one in this book. The secondary characters totally saved this book.

message 20: by Nic (new)

Nic Great review Tina. I am putting it on going to read but just not yet. Question, does it end on a cliffhanger and does Nora grow a brain by the end?

message 21: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen HUGE cliffhanger. And yes, but a very small, dysfunctional brain :)

~Tina~ andrea! wrote: "Nora sort of lost all of her supposed intelligence in this book for me. But at least Vee was redeemed in this one :)"

Vee I liked in this book. I didn't like that she was getting Nora into stupid situations in the last one. This was much better concerning her.

Kim wrote"I don't think Patch will be the one who I'll be aiming my shotgun at..."

Oh, good then. Carry on.

Nic- What Jen said. There's a cliffy but Nora gets a brain.

message 23: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Jen wrote: "Patch is actually the rational one in this book. The secondary characters totally saved this book."

Yup, I see pigs flying.

message 24: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F Oink oink.

Erica Alyson Can someone just tell me if Nora and Patch end up together I'm 30 percent in and she is pissing me the f off! If you have read the Immortals Nora is on Ever's level! Pissing me off more than making me happy!!!!!!! So if Patch really leaves her I would get it but I want them together!

Milly Hmmm....4 stars! Thanks for the alert! Will definitely read this one then!

~Tina~ Erica Alyson wrote: "Can someone just tell me if Nora and Patch end up together I'm 30 percent in and she is pissing me the f off! If you have read the Immortals Nora is on Ever's level! Pissing me off more than making..."

Erica, I can't answer that since it would be spoilerish, but I will say that I think Nora hit a lot of nerves from this book. Just keep reading hun, all will be revealed;)