Flint's Reviews > Stray

U_50x66
Oct 12, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read in October, 2009

"Faythe" is just your average spunky, independent 23 year old woman attending college and living life as normal as she can. She's also the daughter of Greg Sanders, alpha leader of his werecat pride, who would like nothing more than to see his daughter come home and be groomed to take his place one day, as well as marry her ex boyfriend. Faythe, has other plans, and unfortunately so do her soon to be werecat kidnappers.

This book starts off somewhat slow, but picks up very quickly less than halfway thru. The book suddenly becomes very intense, suspenseful and action orientated when murder, mutilation and rape become the overriding theme of the book. This highlights the positive aspects of the book and why I liked it overall. What I didn't like was the lame attempt at a love triangle involving Faythe, her ex boyfriend and another one of her old friends. It really wasn't necessary to the overall plot, unless it's supposed to set something else up in future books. Not to mention that the guy she eventually chooses is more or less a thug and bully, who is possessive, controlling, insanely jealous and is prone to bouts of extreme violence. What a great guy for our main character to fall in love with. I don't read that many books within this genre, but from the ones I have read it appears as if this has become the typical de facto male lead in just about all of them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stray.