~Tina~'s Reviews > The Journal of Curious Letters

The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner

Oct 05, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in December, 2009

Atticus Higginbottom, aka Tick is just your average 13 year old who is a well rounded, good- nature, intelligent boy who doesn't fit well at school, but it doesn't seem to bother him since he has such a great family and is quite content with who he is.

One day Tick gets a mysterious, tattered yellow envelope, sent to him from Alaska with only his full name and no return address.
Inside is a letter from a M.G. It goes on to explains that there is dangerous and even deadly things that are about to happen and Tick will receive 12 riddles that will reveal that on a certain day, on a certain time, at a certain place, something extraordinary will happen.
Tick could burn the letter and forget about what he just got in the mail, or he could follow the clues and solve the riddles...

The 13th Reality is a wonderfully imaginative world that I absolutely adored! I love James Dashner's work, as I'm a huge fan of The Maze Runner so I had to read this book!

James doesn't disappoint with his highly amusing, animated cast of characters that will entertain you and keep you amazed as you enter a world like no other!
I had so much fun with this book! It was such an adventure, fresh, smart and filled with wonders!
Fans of Harry Potter and The Percy Jackson series will want to give this a go!
It'll bring Reality right into your Escape;)
A Fun Read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Journal of Curious Letters.

12/21/2009 page 305