Evan's Reviews > Evermore

Oct 24, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: youngadultfiction
Read in October, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I really liked this book as I was reading it. I liked the idea and have not been really able to resist things with the word "immortal" in them. The main character's name is Ever. She is the sole survivor of a car accident that kills her mom, dad, sister, and dog. Instead of crossing with her family she gets distracted by something. When she awakens from the accident she is changed. She can hear people's thoughts. Basically she's super sensitive to the people in her environment. She wears hoodies and her ipod all the time. To hide and drown out all that surrounds her. Any one who is in my physical day to day knows that I always have my hoodie with me and my ipod on as I travel on MTS (public transportation) and when I'm out in the world. So there was an affinity/resonance with the character. Ever can see aura's. A beautiful boy name Damen, is a new student at her school and she can't read him. This relationship unfolds and the reader finds out more about him and their past. The best part of the book was her interaction with her younger, sometimes, bratty sister who visits her. She didn't cross over either but unlike Ever she is not alive?. She's in between. The thing I least liked about the book was actually the relationship part. But that's due to my own relationship issues. I don't like the games he played with Ever at the beginning. The book is worth reading if you're at all interested in life after death stuff and/or the idea of immortality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.