Darcy's Reviews > Carpe Corpus

Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

Oct 04, 09

bookshelves: 2009, ya, vampires
Read in October, 2009

It seems like things have settled down for the moment in Morganville, for the roommates, too bad that they all seem to be on different sides and not able to talk to each other at all.

I liked how Richard and Hannah have stepped up on the human side and done what they can to make people safe. I also love seeing Claire's parents argue about sending her to Morganville. Seems like Dad was right, but Mom couldn't cut the apron strings just yet. I also like to see then try to parent Claire when she is this super brain and seems to be the one that keeps saving the town. I think they should let her make her own decisions.

I was surprised at the sex scene in the book. Usually YA takes it off the page if it happens at all. What I did like about it was that it was real and there were awkward moments like in real life, it was not movie sex, and even says so in the book.

I wasn't surprised with what happened to Shane's dad. I thought something like that would happen to more people that Claire seemed to care about. He may not have always been the best guy to have around, but when the chips fall he stepped up. I don't think that we have seen the last of him.

I think the consequenses of the battle will have long repercusions, people have been lost, people betrayed those now left in charge, and people have a choice now. It will be interesting to see where the town and the 2 different people go from here.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carpe Corpus.

dateDown_arrow    newest »