Felicia's Reviews > On the Edge

On the Edge by Ilona Andrews

Oct 04, 09

bookshelves: vaginal-urban-fantasy, urban-paranormal
Read in October, 2009

I love this author, and for me this was a 4 star UF and a 5 star romance. WAY MORE ROMANCEY than the Kate Daniels, which is cool, just know that going in (but with the crazy-model-photoshop man on the cover, how could you NOT know that? And BTW, guys in real life look terrible with that haircut.)

Get past the slightly confusing first chapter and this book is really great, when you get the "deal" with the world it gets better and better, like a stone rolling downhill. I stayed up way too late to finish it.

What I particularly liked about this is that there are two kid characters I don't want to strangle for being precocious and precious, and she doesn't use them easily as a plot device, which I was dreading. Yeah the main dude is WAY TOO PERFECT, but whatever, that's why I said it was more romance than fantasy in structure. Looking forward to more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Edge.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

new_user I had to look at your shelves twice. I thought I was seeing things. Vaginal urban fantasy? LOL. xD

message 2: by Craig (new)

Craig Williams Yeah, that hair style is pretty difficult to pull off without resisting the urge to grease one's chest, wear a puffy shirt, and going full-Fabio. I know this from experience...

Kasia Dude, with bookshelves like: ‎'vaginal-urban-fantasy' and 'vaginal-fantasy' you should have 'penile-fantasy' instead of 'man-fantasy'. Seriously. It's only fair that way.

::grins stoopidly::

Elisabeth your calling felica dude? shudder. also man fantasy has less to do with penis's than it does with "naked chicks"

Cindi I love his hair -- on the cover and in the book. Guess I'm showing my age?

Slavena Good review but I laughed when I looked at the shelf you have put it on, what is "vaginal urban fantasy", interesting categorization, lol