Jennie's Reviews > Down a Dark Hall

Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan

Oct 04, 09

Read in October, 2009

Kit Gordy was sent to Blackwood School for girls, while her mother and step father vacationed in parts of Europe. Kit got chills just from looking at Blackwood, but thought it was no big deal. Kit eventually met her new teachers, and new friends. Later in the story Kit started waking up with her fingers aching, and felt like she didn’t get any sleep. Kit’s new friends and her found out they weren’t really at Blackwood to learn, but were being held at their own will, and used for an experiment called psychic phenomena. Will the four girls escape from Blackwood, or will time run out, and it will be too late?

Down a Dark Hall was a mystery, but yet exciting book. If you are one of those people who like mysteries and suspense books, this is the book is for you. I think someone would like this book because you want to know what happens next, and there are shocking parts that leave you stunned. I can see why someone might not like this book because Down a Dark Hall doesn’t jump right it in to the mystery, but gradually gets interesting. I also think someone might not like this book because it’s more of a book for girls rather than guys. Another reason someone might not like this book is because it is not very long, and there are parts of the book that drag on.

I really wanted to read this book because I have read other books by Lois Duncan, and really enjoyed them, too. I liked Down a Dark Hall because I couldn’t put it down; I just wanted to keep reading it. Down a Dark Hall made me realize if you aren’t comfortable in a situation keeps your eyes open at all times. I recommend this book to readers who can’t stop reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down a Dark Hall.