Thomas's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

2018505
Oct 03, 09

bookshelves: lgbtq, young-adult, romance, fantasy
Read in October, 2009

You know, I really feel bad for deleting my entire review because six people liked it. I'm not sure why, as it was me simply ranting indulgently about how much I loved this book.

Take into consideration that I was young and innocent and unaware of young-adult powerhouses like The Hunger Games and Shiver when I read this. As I continue to read more of this series, it continues to disappoint.

What I'm getting at is that I'm not sure if I would grant this book five stars once I re-read it now, as an older and more critical reviewer. However, I would feel guilty for bumping it down without re-reading it. Therefore, I will leave Evermore at five stars even though it might not deserve it.

All I remember is that Damen was hot and there was an awesome gay character. Enough said for me when I was twelve/thirteen. There might have been other positive characteristics like a plot of some kind, but once again, I forget.

Adios! If you want to read some of my more current reviews or my writing in general, you can find it here.

*update May 24, 2011 - so I lied, I'm bumping this one down to 4.5 stars. I still haven't found time to re-read it, but I did skim through the book at Borders the other day and found nothing particularly five-star worthy. Sorry Evermore fans!
20 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

10/03/2009 page 160

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Great review, Thomas!

message 2: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Great review, Thomas! I think I'll add this one to my to read list!

Thomas Thank you guys! Also, Angelc, have you preordered Adam's new album from amazon? I heard it's already doing very well, even thought it won't be available for like two months.

Ralph Excellent review! I'll have to move this up on my to-read list. =D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Another great review, Thomas!

message 6: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Thomas, I haven't preordered it yet, have you?? I am definitely buying it when it comes out though!!

Thomas Thanks Ralph and Eyre =) And Angel, no, I'm probably going to buy it when it comes out too. I'm really excited though, I heard Adam is making it escpecially sexy :3

message 8: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Thomas, I'm excited too! I just looked it up on amazon and it's the number one bestseller in music!

Kate I couldn't agree more. The first book was a huge let down but I thought that I should keep reading because that's the case with a lot of book and it never gets any better. Let me know if the newest book EVERLASTING is any better because if all the books are like the first I am stopping right now.

Sierra Young finally someone else who likes this book.. almost everybody gave it 1 star..