Wdebo5487's Reviews > Once Dead, Twice Shy

Oct 04, 2009

liked it
Recommended to Wdebo5487 by: Isa
Read in October, 2009 , read count: 1

When I got this book from my friend, she told me that it was a pretty ok book. So, when I started it, I kept thinking...this book is ok, not the best not the worse...But I read more and more and got more and more engrossed in it...it became this pretty good book. At the end I was dying to read the second book (well, not exactly dying...but I wouldn't mind reading the second one of course :D )

The thing I found most annoying about this book was how it zoomed through scenes that were VERY important in her past in one sentence, like about her prom and stuff...it made me feel like I was reading the second or third book in the series rather then the first...I think it would have been better if this story started with the prom...that went through everything else, see it's ok for second and third books of a series to zoom through events that happened in previous books as sort of a reminder to other readers about what happened before, just in case people (like me!) forget.

I like the cover, the black and white picture gives the cover a gloomy mood, but yet the title just seems like a block that takes away from the beauty of the picture...I think having a giant pink block in the middle of the picture...annoys me, just seems to be drawing away from the picture...if they had a writing not in the pink block and in swirly writing accross the picture it would have been better.

All in all, this was a pretty entertaining read (except it took a bit to get into it), but I'm sure most paranormal readers will enjoy this story immensly.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Dead, Twice Shy.

10/03/2009 page 100

Mackenzie i totally agree with you. and it would have been better if she told the prom first. maybe as a prologue, just so you know more about the prom night