Bridget's Reviews > The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett

Oct 03, 2009

Stealing books is more common than stealing art work. John is an obsessed reader who loves books so much that he steals them for his own personal pleasure. He does not sell the book to the highest bidder. Instead he adds them to his collection and files them away in his heart. Soon his obsession overcomes him in a possessive nature. He must have them all!

Ken is book dealer who also has a talent for putting together clues. He sets his sights on John and his precious book collection. Who will come out on top?

This is a must read for any book lover. It has a little bit of everything - mystery, suspense and it's wickedly funny. It almost makes me want to stop blogging and hunt down some rare books of my own. Luckily I have a wild imagination, so hunting down rare books actually means cracking this book open and reading it again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Loved Books Too Much.