karen's Reviews > Extreme Pumpkins: Diabolical Do-It-Yourself Designs to Amuse Your Friends and Scare Your Neighbors

Extreme Pumpkins by Tom Nardone

Oct 31, 13

bookshelves: crafties

its halloween time! this is my favorite time of year: brisk winds, dead leaves making that scuttling sound, orange hot chocolate and skull candle holders at michael's, marvelous times. i am reviewing these three books as though they were one, because they are basically the same, just with different monster faces. first things first: i have no knife skills. i'm rarely permitted to use the sharp knives, and i am watched when i use scissors. i'm a bleeder. last week i cut my finger trying to remove just one more piece of squash rind and there was a fountain. when i was a teenager and young adult, i had poor anger management skills that mostly led to knife play, and while i am over that now, i still am watched when wielding a knife because of my track record, both intentional and unintentional. i am careless, mostly. it is a good thing that i don't drive. but all that being said - i will be carving no pumpkins. so looking at these books gives me a halloweeny feeling where i can think about the someday when i am less accident-prone and i have a proper suburban stoop from which to frighten children. the extreme halloween one is the best, because it has recipes and a lifesize man made out of charred meat, that you can then invite the neighborhood over to eat! who wants to move next door to me now? rarrrr, killer pumpkins! i'll try to find some pictures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extreme Pumpkins.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Félix (new)

Félix Once again, Karen, you leave me speechless.

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Karen :-) I love your reviews.

Larry, that is a seriously cool house in that pic.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix That's Karen's dream house, methinks.

karen thats not a bad house at all - i do like those pumpkins. i tried to find a picture of the meat man, but quickly found that googling it w/o quotation marks led to an embarrassing array of "man meat", so i had to leave. then there was a book avalanche of epic proportions. now i have to study before work,but i will find some nice pictures later. for the holidays.

message 5: by Félix (last edited Oct 03, 2009 08:18AM) (new)

Félix We'll be here. We don't have anything else to do.

message 6: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Too true.

karen carve some pumpkins!!

nothing to do sounds luxurious...

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio karen wrote: "thats not a bad house at all - i do like those pumpkins. i tried to find a picture of the meat man, but quickly found that googling it w/o quotation marks led to an embarrassing array of "man meat"..."

I saw that coming in some vague, I-might-be-psychic sorta way. It sounds gross to me. Mock-cannibalism is something that I thought I could get behind, but today I've learned that it just makes me think of diseased charred meat that's been touched by too many hands and been sitting out too long.

message 9: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Good heavens MFSO, you stayed up far too late watching zombie movies and went to a late night buffet.

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen The two pumpkins we will be doing for a costume party will be the big pumpkin feasts on smaller surprised pumpkin and pumpkin with insides spewing out of its mouth (zombie pumpkin). I am guessing that both are included in the book?

The hard part will be trying to get them not to rot before the party.

karen those are both in the first volume, yes. good choices.