Daisiemae's Reviews > The Best Gift

The Best Gift by Shawn Lane

Jan 01, 10

bookshelves: books-to-i-will-never-part-with, contemporary-romance, erotica, favorite-heroes, e-book, male-male-romance-erotica, books-read-in-2010, books-reviewed-in-2010
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Author is an automatic buy for me
Recommended for: Shawn Lane Fans
Read in January, 2010, read count: 2

I intentionally held off reading The Best Gift by Shawn Lane. I wanted it to be the first book I read in 2010, and boy was I not disappointed!

Malcolm is my favorite kind of hero. He’s Sweet, Sexy and Smart! As usual, Shawn’s characterization is top notch. Once again, Shawn wrote a hero who is flawed, but he’s someone you can identify with and stand behind flaws and all. I loved how he is able to make positive changes in his life, and be open to Dustin and Dustin’s love.

I loved sweet Dusty, too! He’s another character I could easily identify with. We’ve all had that unrequited love in our past, but lucky for Dustin, he gets a second chance to win Malcolm’s heart forever.

I loved this book! I hated to see it come to an end. I’m hoping that one day Shawn will continue their story because I loved both Malcolm and Dusty and I’m dying to see how everything works out.

Solid 5 Stars!
22 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Gift.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review as usual!

message 2: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Daisiemae! That cover alone is very yummy!

message 3: by Ava (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ava Fabulous review, Shellie!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I completely agree!

Daisiemae Thanks, y'all:) I appreciate it:)

Drew Terrific review, Shell! I can't wait to read it!

Brenda (b) Great review Shellie

Lindsay Awesome review, Shell!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Great review! Your making me want read this one, but I have to hold off until I read something that's been in my TBR pile first. Crap!

Shayne Fabulous review, Shell Bell!
The dedication made me cry, and I was a goner from that point on.

message 11: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick I intentionally held off because on Shawn's blog she'd been saying she was writing a sequel. After the release of it and your review its time to read them. Great review

message 12: by Josh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josh Sweet review, Shell

message 13: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy Fantastic review, Shell!

message 14: by JoJo (new)

JoJo Everyone seems to love this one and the next one so I'm going to read them. I really like her other books and I think I'll like this one too.
Great review