Katelyn's Reviews > A Gate at the Stairs

A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore

Jul 26, 2012

liked it
Read from July 24 to 26, 2012

Part of the time I enjoyed this coming of age story of a country Wisconsin girl in her freshmen and sophomore years of high school. Tassie is a weird character and does a lot of word play, which I found boring unless the plot was progressing. Tassie is a well developed and sympathetic character, and at the end of the book it was interesting to think back on her believable story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gate at the Stairs.

message 1: by Layla (new)

Layla Johnston Have you read Lorrie Moore's People Like That are the Only People Here? Brilliant and astounding. I haven't read A Gate at the Stairs, though.

Katelyn Layla wrote: "Have you read Lorrie Moore's People Like That are the Only People Here? Brilliant and astounding. I haven't read A Gate at the Stairs, though."

No, I haven't tried anything else by her. Thanks for letting me know about it. I think I need a break from her writing, but I'll have to check it out in a few months. It'll be interesting to see what I think about it after being pretty underwhelmed by A Gate at the Stairs.