Thomas Freeman's Reviews > Kabul 24: The Story of a Taliban Kidnapping and Unwavering Faith in the Face of True Terror

Kabul 24 by Henry O. Arnold

2071664
Oct 26, 09

Read in October, 2009

A great missionary biography along the lines of Corrie ten Boom's, "Hiding Place", Kabul24 details the modern times imprisonment of 8 western missionaries and their 16 Afghan employees. Taken just before the 9/11 bombings, they were probably being held as negotiation pieces in the event of retaliation. Until reading about their narrow escape, I was under the assumption that they were released through negotiations. Greater than the political circumstances is the "faith" seen in their lives.

The authors resist the tendency to sensationalize the conditions or faith of these hostages. The result is a story that is easy to see as real and yet amazing. The simple faith and mutual support of believers facing extreme Islamic persecution is convicting. The story honestly presents the kindness and response of devout Islamic people who are deeply touched by the goodness of God's servants. In stark contrast is the immorality of unjust trials, lies and manipulation of the Islamic Taliban. Yet, God blessed them with everything they needed to survive: courage, assistance, wisdom, and help from the most unlikely sources. It is easy to see what we already know; God miraculously cares for each of us.

This book is well written, honest, inspiring and easy to enjoy. I heartily recommend it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kabul 24.