~Tina~'s Reviews > Sing Me to Sleep

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

Mar 01, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, read-2010
Read from February 27 to March 01, 2010

Sing Me to Sleep is a story about a girl named Beth. Her first memory growing up is her father describing her as dame ugly. Growing up, Beth is known as The Beast. Teased and abused by the boys at school just because she's tall, facial scars and coke bottle glasses. Her fathers words rings true, she believes those words...dame ugly, the Beast, no one will ever love her, but, she can sing, really sing, and it's beautiful...

This book is..Beautiful!

Sing Me to Sleep really hit me hard, it's filled with so much raw emotion that it hurt to keep reading, and hurt to stop. I was overwhelmed a lot of the time and found myself walking away, getting frustrated and crying like a baby. Maybe it hit harder cause I'm not use to these kinds of reads, so when I read a story with this much power, I tend to overly feel.

Self Esteem is the biggest problem with most kids/teenagers, it can either make you or break you.
Sing me To Sleep is about that issue, but it's so, so much more.
It's about love, and how that love can save a person's soul and ultimately how beautiful a person real is when they believe.

With the theme set to Beauty and the Beast, Angela Morrison writes a unique and touching plot that will steal your heart away.
I've never meet more real and intense characters in a story. And while some may think that the romance is to strong at first, I for one think Angela got it right on. This.was.such.a.gorgeous.love.story.

I felt really connected to Beth, I felt nervous, frightened, swooned, frustrated, alone, wanting, hating, loving and losing. I even got goose bumps when she sang, Beth is an extremely well written character.
I loved Scott, a true best friend through thick and thin. His determination and will is both amusing and enlightening. Every single soul needs someone like him and I was so happy that Scott was hers.
Derek, ah, where to start with a character that is so amazingly wonderful? Derek loves with his whole soul, he's gorgeous, talented and says things to make you melt like butter. Which I did. He's living his life large with an edge you can appreciate given his circumstances, like Beth you can't help but fall in love with him.

Sing me to sleep is heart warming, breathtaking and ever so heart breaking. If your anything like me-- Tissues. Lots of tissues. You've been warned.
I walked away from this book with tears in my eyes, a lump in my throat and a total awe of satisfaction.
The dedication memory at the very end was a tender touch, it made the story so much more real and effected me even harder.

A moving masterpiece that has touched my heart and soul.
An absolute beauty of a read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing Me to Sleep.

message 1: by Alexa (last edited Mar 01, 2010 06:31PM) (new) - added it

Alexa Aww! I can't wait to read this one now. X3

~Tina~ This one hit me hard! But I think it was just me, I dunno know, there was just something about it that made me cry like a baby!

Arlene I've had my eye out on this one. Good to know it's a great read.

~Tina~ Still gets me to this day!