valee's Reviews > The Fiery Cross

The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

2320890
Oct 01, 2009

bookshelves: gave-up-on

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fiery Cross.

06/29/2010 "Well it was time I came back to this series. I stopped because many told me this one wasn´t as good as the rest. But right now I´m studying a lot so not much time to read for a couple of weeks. I guess this is a good choice then,lol." 2 comments
07/03/2010 "OMG, I have never, ever, read a book this long. I´ll never finish it, lol seriously, 1500 pages. Today I was happy because I had finished chapter oe and then saw there were like 110 chapters and wanted to kill myself. Lol." 14 comments
07/14/2010
20.0% "It is good. Just not as good as a "Can't put it down"book. Just good. Can't wait to see my copies of twice bitten, bonds of justice and the darkest lie. I have been waiting for those 3 forever. Once they arrive, I'm getting to read them 24/7,lol."
07/16/2010
20.0% "Well, back to reading. It must be the books I'm currently reading because I don't feel that reading pull I used to. I miss those series that make you feel like you can't stop reading because if you do you'll dye,lol. I want my copies to arrive. I'll start with twice bitten for sure. Then the last NS or LOTU, not sure."
07/19/2010
20.0% "page 310, chapter 98, and I have just read a 5th part of the book. Damn, this mother fu*ker is long!!! I usually don't mind long books at all. I love them more for that, but only when they are so good I can't put them down. But the romance in this one is terrible. It was great in the first 3 books, but now it is just too little even to count, almost none. And in the action department, nothing is really going on." 7 comments
08/09/2010
30.0% "OMG I will never be able to finish this book! I read 2 pages and already fall asleep."
08/16/2010
30.0% "I have never not finished a book before, but this may be my first time. There are so many amazing books out there that it is not fair to loose so much time with this one. Also it is too long to be not good."
07/01/2013 marked as: series-to-finish
12/11/2013 marked as: gave-up-on

message 1: by valee (new) - added it

valee OMG! I have finally bought this one. It took me forever but I found a library that sells book in english and it had this one. I'm so happy. It has been so long since I read the 4th!

Teri Finally.. This one may be the slowest, but some decent stuff does happen in it...

message 3: by valee (new) - added it

valee oh no! Really? =(

Although I;m still happy I got it. They even have book 6!!!

I has so high expectations for this one because I have been waiting for it for so long! Now I'm sad.

Teri No, it's not bad, just not my fave of all of them. I still read it and loved it because I have a huge Jamie infatuation... You may love it!

message 5: by valee (new) - added it

valee oh great, that's better, thanks =)

message 6: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn I'm going to wait till next year to read this book bcs a lot of Outlander fan's say it's the slowest of them all. Plus there's that whole 3-5 years b4 the next one is published, so i'm trying to spread them out so I don't get sucked into another cliff hanger.

message 7: by valee (new) - added it

valee hahaha, seriously that long? OMG, how can she spend 3 or 4 years writing a same book. Imagine if people don't like it after all that hard work,lol, it's hard to be a writer.

message 8: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn just think if you waited 3-4 yrs for this fiery cross to come out ?? LOL So many say it's not good.

Meredith Barrons Okay, so I love this series but this one was my least favorite. I think that this one and the next one "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" were slow, but the last one "An Echo in the Bone" was great so you have to get through the next two! : )

message 10: by valee (new) - added it

valee hahahaha, not very promising, are you? lol. I was a bit annoyed with the 4th, and I read that this one is even worse. And now you tell me the 6th is slow as well. lol. We'll see. I was missing Jamie big time,lol, he's just an amazing hero. I'm glad to read about him again. Still, it will take me forever to finish it. So long...

message 11: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn i'm not in any hurry to read bcs they said Echo left off on a major cliffhanger, like she pulled a KMM big time and then you have to wait 3-5 yrs for the next release....
Take your time Vale, it ain't going nowhere and it's obviously not that great.

Meredith Barrons Yeah, Echo does leave off with a major cliffhanger. It is almost as bad as Shadowfever! The book was really good though so you have to get through the 2 before it! ha ha! : )

message 13: by valee (new) - added it

valee I know, it will take me a long time,lol.

message 14: by Teri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Teri Pretty sure you have 4 years to get there before her next!!!

message 15: by valee (new) - added it

valee cool. I still have to more books to read too. lol.

message 16: by Teri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Teri I also read somewhere that she wasn't sure now that she was going to end the series with the next book! Wow, Jamie and Claire will be 100 years old soon...

Melissa Worst one of the series. I had to get the audio book and listen to it in my car to motivate me through it- it
helped :)

message 18: by valee (new) - added it

valee yep. I can't even read a full chapter without making a stop.

message 19: by Teri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Teri still working on this one hey? Don't give up!

message 20: by Wminbc (new)

Wminbc She could have stopped at Dragonfly in Amber IMHO

Lady Heather I agree I had such a hard time finishing this book!...Diana either wrote it in a 'rush' or my daughter and I joked that somebody else wrote it! The most exciting part of the book was when Jamie got bitten by a poisonous snake!

message 22: by valee (new) - added it

valee I guess I will have to start a shelf called "books I couldn't finish". Never happened to me before this one. I was almost about to drop some of them but this one just made it for me. Too long for not be good.

message 23: by Teri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Teri Just read the outline on Wikipedia. But you must continue with the series!!!