Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Oct 01, 2009

bookshelves: vampires, urban-fantasy, young-adult, read-in-2009, 1st-in-series, favourites, m-tbr, dtb
Read in October, 2009

Wow, I’m so glad I acquired all six of the books (out so far) at the same time. The cliffhanger ending left me so hungry for more that as soon as I finished Glass Houses I started reading The Dead Girls’ Dance right after just so I could find out what happened next. For a young adult book and a first in a series I was impressed, it’s rare to find any series that starts with a bang.

I didn’t have a problem with Claire that others have expressed. Her attitude was justified, moving away from home to go to university is tough and to do it at sixteen as a child prodigy must be even harder especially when you are being targeted by a group of murderous bullies. If you wouldn’t feel scared and depressed in that situation then you’re a robot. She was entitled to a little whining.

I haven’t read the whole of Caine’s Weather Warden series but I did read the first book, Ill Wind which wasn’t really something I could get into so if you couldn’t get into it either then you may want to give the Morganville Vampire series a try though I have to warn you it is addictive!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.

Sandra Ames I've just read it and did the same as you - started reading the next one to see what happened. Bad vamps seem to be so rare!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} I'm glad you liked it, Sandra. I read the first 6 back to back in two days they were that good.

#9 comes out in a couple of weeks and I'm still enjoying the series though the last one wasn't as great as the others.