The Bookologist's Reviews > Restoring Harmony

Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony

Oct 13, 2010

bookshelves: arcs-i-own, for-review

Restoring Harmony is the complete essence of YA dystopian. Even though set at a completely different time, Anthony seems to capture the reality as well as the fantasy aspect. It encompasses readers' expectations and dives into a realm of convincing possibilities. Anthony's debut has exceeded all of my expectations and has introduced me to a new genre of books. I've never payed much attention to dystopian literature, but Restoring Harmony has truly opened my eyes.

Restoring Harmony features a bland and seemingly desolate word but it is overcome by Molly, the selfless, young girl who gives a sense of hope and meaning to the novel. Anthony molds different, meaningful themes such as love, hope, and sacrifice. All of which emanate a positive message in the facade of a seemingly unbreakable isolated exterior.

Anthony has crafted a beautiful story with the journey of Molly, her friendship with Spill, and the love she has for her family. In a dystopian world, Anthony truly creates a contrast with the dreary background, and the strong, powerful message she revives in Restoring Harmony.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restoring Harmony.