~Tina~'s Reviews > The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Oct 04, 09

bookshelves: favorites, own, sci-fi, cover-crazz, apocalyptic-dystopian
Read in October, 2009

I almost feel like giving this five stars isn't enough! I want to give it 100!

If I had to pick one word, one feeling while reading this book. It would have to be...Curious!!

THE MAZE RUNNER was a thrilling, epic, mind-boggling story designed to keep you guessing as much as the characters who live in the Glade!

The characters are all so brave and amazing. With there unique lingo that you'd think would annoy you, but only adds to the flavor to each and every character!
The plot so thick you can't sit in your chair long enough without screaming- WHAT?!?!?!?
The world so impressive, you both are in awe and fear it at the same time!
The writing style so precise that you feel like your going through every emotion they go through. And there is A Lot of emotions in this book!

I could have easily read this in one sitting, but I found myself wanting to savor it. Make it last. I would read a few chapters. Put it down. Take a breath. Keep reading and then continue on repeat.
It's the type of book that I wish I found at the last book instead of the first so I could zip through all three without waiting.

Not since the Hunger Games as a book captivated me so intensely and THE MAZE RUNNER was even better!!
A survival story of the finest!!

I am not one for puzzles, but just couldn't help devour this one up!
The ending only made me want SO much more!

My bows to James Dashner, for creating such a masterpiece! The sheer talent to even imagine this kind of story is simply...Epic!

I feel so sad that I have to wait till next year for book 2 "The Scorch Trials", then another year for "The Death Cure". But I'm soooo trilled that there is so much more!

THE MAZE RUNNER is a brilliant, exciting and fantastic Novel. I can not praise this captivating world enough!
It SCREAMS Movie!! Make Me. See Me. Thrill Me!

9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze Runner.

~Tina~ Just as long as you read it!! It really was a great, great read!

Arlene Great review! Okay, if this doesn't convince me to read it, then nothing will. I'm adding it to my May Reading list. It's already piled high, but you've got me curious. :)

Peace Love and Reviews oooohhh now I have to move this up my tbr list

~Tina~ w00t!! If you guys like Hunger Games, then you will get a kick out of this book!
Just a warning, they have a certain funky lingo for language in this book, it took me about a second to get use to it, but I've heard that others didn't like it just because of that reason. Just saying...

~Tina~ Heyyyyyyyyy Jonathon!! Long time there hun!!

I think the lingo is what makes this book stand out so much. It's unique and crazy-brilliant!!
GAH! Is it October yet? Wait, crap, it's not even summer:(

Arlene Okay, I'm convinced. I love the Hunger Games. Absotlutely love it. So this sounds right up my alley. Thanks guys! :)

message 7: by ~Tina~ (last edited Apr 30, 2010 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ Why must all books take forevah to get here!?!? But I agree, Linger and Mockingjay are on my must have (NOW) shelf, plus a whole lot more. Oh well, at least I'll get The Scorch Trials for my b-day:D
I'm still not sorry I waited to read Catching Fire, my sister-in-law read both my books and she is CRYING for the next. Haha, I knew I'd go mental!

Arlene, you'll love it, no doubts babe!

~Tina~ I sorry:( I'm total fail when it comes to visiting blogs. I work, read and play on here LOL I'll visit soon:)

That's just the weird thing, even though I hate waiting, I love the rush of anticipation BUT I can't do it with the Hunger Games books, I just KNEW book two would be the shiiiit and I wasn't willing to go all mental (hence my sister-in-law:P)
Once Aug nears I'll be able to read all three books at once ~happy dance~

message 9: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Arlene, THG is better but this is good. ^^

~Tina~ I can't say which is better, despite what I said in my review, I love them both:D

Arlene I hear you about the wait. Torture but I love it. The anticipation the week before a book comes out is just insane, but worth it.

I'm sad this year is closing out a few of my fave series. Wake is done, VA will be done in December, THG will be done in August. :(

Well I have a 40% off coupon for Borders burning a hole in my pocket. I will be taking a trip to the bookstore at lunch and putting it to good use. :)

~Tina~ Vampire Academy ~cries~ I'm praying for a spin off!!!!

message 13: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten @ Tina, she's already said she's going to do a spin off. She said it will have some of the same characters and she also said that Sydney will be in it, we don't know if thats as a main character or as minor character but I think it would be cool to see the whole alchemist world more in the spin off. But thats pretty much all I know about it... as you can tell...I'm not a fan. Haha

~Tina~ REALLY?!?! OMG!! I didn't know it was confirmed!! woooooot!!! ~jumps up and down~ I'm so happy now!! Thanks for letting me know, this doesn't make the ending as bittersweet, but I will miss this series once it's said and done. Also, I love Christian so much, I hope he's in book 5,6 and the spin off as well:D

message 15: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten @ Alrlene, Just remember that there are other good ones still going on and starting. Linger(wolves of mercy falls), is coming out in July, and then we still have one more after that. City of Fallen Angels(march 31 2011)... The Clockwork Angel(aug. 31 2010)...Spin off for VA... Bitter blue/Graceling #3(april 1 2011)... Spin off for the Darkest powers series...TONS to look forward to... I could go on but a book awaits me.

Arlene @Kirsten how could I forget Bitterblue! Is there a release date on that book? I loved Graceling and Fire! I can't wait for Clockwork Angel, it sounds awesome.

So Mead confirmed the spin off characters for VA? Did I miss that?

For now, I'm passing on Linger. :(

message 17: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I haven't read this or Hunger Games yet. I'm trying to hold out for Hunger Games until the last one is out so I can read them all after each other:)

I heard the VA spin off was about Jill but I don't know if that was just speculation.

~Tina~ Good Girl!! Your better off waiting for all the books cause hunny, they will blow your mind:D

It doesn't matter who's the spin off is about, I just want more:)