Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)'s Reviews > Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison

2001477
Sep 30, 2009

bookshelves: afew-ofmy-favoritethings, books-i-own, 2010-read
Read from January 02 to 03, 2010 — I own a copy

Sadly, Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? Is the 10th and last installment of the Georgia Nicholson diaries. I remember reading the first one and couldn't wait to get the next. Each book was extremely funny that I often had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

The characters all work great together and if you took one away you'd feel like one was missing. Lousie Renninson writes some great comedy with a funky teenage voice that makes Georgia an extremely quirky girl from start to finish. She's a Loon with a capital "L".

The various things that Georgia goes through throughout the whole series are crazy and wacky but somehow all fit together nicely. Her family, friends (The Ace Gang & Dave the Laugh) and various boyfriends (Robbie & Masimo) somehow understand her when she's at her nuttiest, and trust me it's pretty much all the time. Rennison has worked some magic to create such layers of crazy that there's not a chance each reader wont find not only something to love but find it laughing out loud along ride there.

With the end of this book and series I was happy where things left off. I was grinning with which boy she finally picked, and no I'm not giving anything away. Go read the books to find out! I just wish that it wasn't the end. Here's hoping that maybe we'll get some Georgia stories from when she's older to see where her life ended up? I for one would love that idea.

If you haven't read this series... start it soon. It's one that I think everyone should read. Especially if you fancy a good laugh and who want to take a visit to the Cake Shop of Luuuurve! Happy reading if it's the first or third time you've read this series. I for one will be reading this again sometime soon, enjoy.

For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?.

01/01/2010 page 11
3.55% "such a guilty, but oh so funny read."
01/03/2010 page 269
86.77% "In fit laughing at this book. Sad its the last in the series. Still a guilty read."