Jadi Cedonia's Reviews > The Paradise War

The Paradise War by Stephen R. Lawhead

Sep 30, 09

bookshelves: favorites, christian, folklore-fairy-tales, low-fantasy, time-dimension-travel, fantasy
Read in January, 2006

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Paradise War.

Quotes Jadi Cedonia Liked

Stephen R. Lawhead
“That was on the pillar stone on Ynys Bainail," I said, indicating the carving. "What does it mean?"
"It is Mor Cylch, the maze of life," Tegid told me. "It is trodden with just enough light to see the next step or two ahead, but not more. At each turn the soul must decide whether to journey on or whether to go back the way it came."
"What if the soul does not journey on? What if it chooses to go back the way it came?"
"Stagnation and death," replied Tegid with mild vehemence. He seemed irritated that anyone would consider retreating.
"And if the soul travels on?"
"It draws nearer its destination," the bard answered. "The ultimate destination of all souls is the Heart of the Heart.”
tags: life

Stephen R. Lawhead
“As I understand it, the Celts venerated all sorts of plexus-type things: the seashore, dawn, dusk, the edge of the forest - anything that was neither here nor there, so to speak.”

Stephen R. Lawhead
“Knowledge is a burden--once taken up, it can never be discarded.”

Stephen R. Lawhead
“I tell you the truth, a man may not make himself king; only the blessing of him who holds the kingship can elevate a man to that high place. For sovereignty is a sacred trust that may not be bartered or sold; still less may it be stolen or taken by force.”