Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > The Path of Daggers

The Path of Daggers by Robert Jordan

Oct 28, 2013

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy

I know there will be disagreement here but at this point I could see things sliding down hill. In this volume we tie up one minor plot point...and open up a couple of new ones...meanwhile the other main plot points hang in the wind. For the amount of ground covered, this book had a lot of wasted and repetitive dialogue and description.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Path of Daggers.

05/12 marked as: read

Chris McGrath I agree, I just finished this for the first time a week or two ago. It's not that some things don't happen, it's just that none of it seems to really matter that much; as you say, they're minor plot points that may be necessary for the story but are certainly not terribly satisfying to the reader. I just finished Winter's Heart and while there was a fairly significant event tied up in the so-called "climax" of that book, we're then apparently given two whole books after it (if you count New Spring) before we actually get to see the result? I would have HATED Jordan if I were reading these when they were published. In fact the only reason I can even get through them right now is because I listen to the audio books while I'm trying to soothe my infant to sleep at every nap, which gives me a few hours of "reading" time every day where I don't even have to give the story my full attention... only way I can get through them.

Mike (the Paladin) This updated because I corrected a typo. I love the first 5 or 6 of these and then the series sort of crashed and burned. The last volume is pretty good.

Andrew This was the one where I abandoned the series. I prob will not pick them up again because there is just too much I need to read. But I hear Sanderson did a decent job wrapping things up and Jordan was picking up again in the last of his completed books.

Mike (the Paladin) I thought they stayed long and over written on through. The last was a good wrap up. There's a lot of recap. You could probably pick up the last book and read it without missing much.